This is such a simple recipe … but it’s so tasty. It will become a regular in your rotation.
Salmon is a heart-healthy meal – which makes it perfect for any dinner with a friend or loved one.
It’s also done in less than 10 minutes!
For a light dinner, serve this with a side salad. If you want a heartier meal, add some broccoli, sautéed zucchini or quinoa.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, peeled, halved, & sliced thin
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh grapefruit juice & segments (remove white pith to avoid bitterness!)
- 2 (5 oz)(150 g) boneless, skinless salmon steaks
- Extra, grapefruit segments for garnish, if desired
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until tender. Place salmon and grapefruit juice with segments in pan.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 6-8 minutes or until fish is cooked to taste. Serve salmon with pan sauce, garnished with grapefruit segments.