This keto-friendly homemade mayonnaise is fresh and adds a delicious creaminess to your dressings and other recipes.
It may be tempting to substitute coconut oil for the MCT oil, but don’t do it – you’ll end up with a gloppy, sticky, weird texture.
The MCT oil stands for “medium-chain triglycerides” and it’s the same type/structure of fat that’s in coconut oil, except it remains liquid when cool.
You can buy MCT oil in a surprising number of places now, ranging from supplement stores, Target, Walmart, some grocery stores, and online.
● 2 eggs
● 2 egg yolks
● 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
● 2 tsp white wine vinegar
● 1 tsp yellow mustard
● ¼ – ½ tsp Himalayan rock salt
● ½ cup (118 ml) light extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
● ½ cup (118 ml) MCT oil
- Add eggs, yolks, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and salt to a blender or food processor. Blend on high for 1 minute until frothy.
Reduce speed to medium and begin to slowly pour in oil, beginning with the olive oil, then moving to MCT oil. The process of adding the oil should take 2-3 minutes. The slower you go, the better the mayo will turn out.
- Transfer to a clean jar, cover and store in the fridge for use in MANY recipes!
- This will keep for about a week in the fridge.