Have you ever made a Buddha Bowl for yourself? It’s a fun way to feel like you’re being treated to a special meal!
Basically, it’s a vegetarian salad that consists of small portions of several different kinds of foods — veggies, nuts, grains, and beans — covered in a delicious dressing.
It tends to be chunkier than a regular salad, with heartier ingredients. Your imagination is your only limit!
- 1 cup (150 g) roasted Brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup (20 g) kale or spinach
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ lemon
- 1 cup (200 g) cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 cup (200 g) canned garbanzo beans (drain and rinse)
- 1 sliced avocado
- 2 tbsp of your favorite healthy dressing (Green Goddess would be nice)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Cut the Brussels sprouts in half and coat with a 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, until caramelized.
- While that’s cooking, saute kale or spinach in with oil and garlic for a few minutes until wilted. Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Place quinoa or brown rice in bowls. Top and arrange with Brussels sprouts, greens, avocado and garbanzo beans. Drizzle with your favorite dressing. Enjoy!