This vegan noodle bowl is delicious and comforting!
Don’t be put off by the number of ingredients, it’s actually very quick & easy to assemble. Plus, you can switch it up based on what veggies you have on-hand.
- 1½ cup (170 g) cashews
- 1-inch piece raw ginger root, peeled and chopped
- ½ red chile or jalapeno, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tsp coconut oil or sesame oil
- 6 tbsp lime juice
- 4 oz. (125 g) dried rice noodles
- Sea salt
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced diagonally
- 4 medium radishes, chopped
- 2 small carrots, sliced thinly in rounds
- 1 cup (50 g) chopped cilantro
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Hot water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Toast cashews on baking sheet or aluminum foil for 10 minutes. Toss halfway through. Let cool.
- Crush ½ cup (60 g) cashews and set aside.
- Transfer remaining cashews into blender. Add ginger, chile/jalapeno, garlic, soy sauce, oil, 3 tbsp lime juice and ¼ cup (60 ml) hot water.
- Puree on high, add more hot water if needed until dressing is creamy and smooth.
- Cook noodles according to instructions on the package. Rinse and drain.
- In a medium bowl, add a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp lime juice. Toss with noodles.
- Toss cucumber, carrots, cilantro, radishes, scallions, remaining 2 tbsp lime juice and pinch of salt in large bowl.
- Spread about half the cashew dressing in each of two serving bowls. Divide noodles and veggies among the two. Top with remaining cashews and serve with any leftover sauce.